Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

More about Market

After a really awful day of travel last Thursday, during which I missed my connection in Detroit (apparently due to very high headwinds) and did not arrive at my hotel in Houston until almost midnight, I was at Market for only for two very full days. My primary purpose in going was to network and to solidify a new connection with fabric designer Ro Gregg (for Paintbrush Studio, a division of Fabri-Quilt). I helped Ro present at her Friday Schoolhouse in which she introduced several new lines of fabric for which I had designed four new virtual quilts, then discussed future possibilities for collaboration with her on Saturday.

I also learned SO much from just being at Market - taking the Schoolhouse classes, seeing what is being offered by a huge variety of vendors and seeing as much of the International quilt exhibition as I could. It was a lot to fit into two days! All in all I had a very successful trip and lots of fun visiting with other designers I only see once or twice a year, not to mention staying in a posh hotel with my friend and fellow designer Beth Helfter (EvaPaige Quilt Designs).
I swear I must have walked 5-10 miles each day (including in the airport going out on Thursday and coming back on Sunday). At least my legs tell me so! Not to mention feeling like I have been lifting mega weights all weekend with all the gear I brought and goodies I acquired to bring home.

I am still a bit tired but have already begun working on the new projects that Ro and I have agreed to. Stay tuned for details during the next few posts.

I wish you well, wherever you are. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know who you are and what area you are from.

Cary Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment