Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Here are some of the new fabrics




The first fabric line designed by Ro Gregg that I am featuring in one of my new patterns is "Calypso" This is a very bright and "happy" group of fabrics that is ideal for children's quilts and accessories. Lots of bright pinks, lime greens, blues and other jewel tones plus some bold flower prints. One of my patterns, "Games We Play" has a Crib/Toddler version and that is what I am working on now with the two collections of fat quarters I was given at Market. The line is 28 fabrics and I am using about a third on the front. I plan to use some of the remaining fats on the pieced back. I think it is going to be really cool!

The flower print at the lower right of the third photo will be part of my outside border. It will be a challenge since I only have fat quarters to work with and the sections are longer than 20".

When you have a limited amount of fabric do you make "design choices" which allow you to adapt your pattern to the fabric you have on hand or do you try to get more fabric and follow the pattern requirements? In my case, since I am the designer of the pattern, I will see if I can adapt the pattern rather than the other way around.

I love feedback, so please feel free to leave me some!

Cary Flanagan

PS - please "Like Me" on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SomethingSewFine.QuiltDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment