Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Transitions are all about mindset!

I am trying to wrap my head around what it really means to be 'retired'. I am feeling a bit like a kid in a candy shop trying to decide which yummy looking candy to try first! Nothing is physically changing in my world - it is more a matter of changing my mindset. Giving myself permission to experiment and play. I am not there yet but I am working on it!

I remember when I left full-time work for Big Brothers Big Sisters in April of 2004 after more than sixteen years I gave myself several months to experiment with a number of creative ways that I could start a small business and work for MYSELF! Since I was already a quilter it seemed logical that would play a large part in whatever I decided on as my new direction. That was fourteen years and many quilt patterns ago! Now I am ready for the next phase of my life (it is not coincidental that I am facing another birthday soon).

I am still a quilter. I am also a writer with two books under my belt and another one in the works (after a long delay).  There are so many ideas I want to try out (this blog being one of them!) For example - making art quilts and experimenting with mixed media artworks. The trouble is, that can be too much of a good thing! It is hard to focus. And this incredibly hot and humid weather is not helping.

When you have too many ideas rolling around inside your brain and you start to 'spin', what do you do to help yourself get grounded? Feel free to leave a comment and don't forget to visit me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment