Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Bring on the New Year!

It is amazing how you can blink and suddenly two months are gone and it is New Years Day!

2018 was a good year overall, but also confusing for me the past few months. On the really good side, my hubby and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with an amazing adventure trip to northern Arizona and the Grand Canyon in October (thanks to Road Scholar). It was a truly awesome trip, but once back I had to start processing the idea that I was retiring from my business as a quilt designer and entrepreneur. At 73 years old I decided I had been working long enough. On the other hand, I missed my contacts with customers and vending at shows. It was a dilemma! I discovered, in fact, that I was not comfortable with just relaxing and not accomplishing anything! So I have been trying to come to terms with ‘retirement’ and yet needing something to get me excited again.

Thanks to an FB quilting friend , I have decided my word for 2019 is “Reboot”. I am  cleaning out most of my “old files” and ‘rebooting’ my system! Going forward I want to be open to lots of new ideas, opportunities and adventures.

For example, in just a few days I will be on my way to CA and the Craft Napa workshops that I signed up for with my SIL Edie last fall. I can’t wait to learn new techniques for making art! I am hoping these workshops will get me kick-started in a new direction working in multimedia.

On the other hand, for those of my followers who have enjoyed my quilt patterns over the past dozen years, they are still available from me via my website or from www.quiltwoman.com (as downloads or as hard copies). I am always happy to hear from past and current customers, and would appreciate encouragement as I move in new diewctions.

Best Wishes for an amazing and creative New Year!

Cary Flanagan
Somethingsewfine@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment